Beautiful day, tough race. Steve and I selected a fund raising run for Special Olympics. The race started at Druid Hills High School, worked it's way through Emory and into Lullwater Park. Lullwater Park is beautiful and is the resting place for our dog Sport. It is also one of the hilliest course for a race you could imagine. Our times were not spectacular with Steve at 29:28 and me at 25:37. When I turned in my time at the race results table I noticed I was the second one in my age group. Unfortunately, there was confusion regarding my age, 41, and my race number, 61. In the end I received an award for 1st place in my age group, 60 and over. I explained the confusion to the race folks and they insisted that I take my medal.
Monday, June 1, 2009
May Race Day
Beautiful day, tough race. Steve and I selected a fund raising run for Special Olympics. The race started at Druid Hills High School, worked it's way through Emory and into Lullwater Park. Lullwater Park is beautiful and is the resting place for our dog Sport. It is also one of the hilliest course for a race you could imagine. Our times were not spectacular with Steve at 29:28 and me at 25:37. When I turned in my time at the race results table I noticed I was the second one in my age group. Unfortunately, there was confusion regarding my age, 41, and my race number, 61. In the end I received an award for 1st place in my age group, 60 and over. I explained the confusion to the race folks and they insisted that I take my medal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment